This is my very last week before life starts up again full force. I am planning to accomplish a few things but also to savor the remainder of my freedom before I go back to a new schedule at work. I had a path of sorts established for the year with a likely part-time schedule for the fall that would make everything much better, but there is always a kink or two along the way. A friend is leaving school and now I will take her place along with her later schedule. I am sad about the friend, happy about the classroom, and mixed about the new schedule. I can go in later but will get home later and be there with the tired little children. I am going to try to set everyone up for success and make the most of it. Next week the teachers return and the following week the children descend. Then we will see how it all proceeds from there.
In other news we just returned from Los Angeles and a visit with the family of the true love. We had a lovely visit in spite of the terrible stretch of 5 we had to drive down and up. Highlights were seeing Julie and Julia (loved the book and really loved the movie), and getting some knitting books from the aunt of the true love who gave me some info on freeform knitting and crochet. I got in some knitting while on the trip and am enthusiastic about trying my hand at some "scrumbles" as they are called. I am not sure my stash is big enough but I have piled it all on the table and just need to locate those tiny crochet hooks...
The writing of the master's project is not complete and is on hold a bit while other necessary tasks for the fall rise to the surface. I really want to finish it this calendar year and will try to be disciplined (something I apparently am not very skilled at according to the true love). My research has led me into women's history and I am now very interested in history--something I never relished as a school subject--and how it could be more interesting for everyone. Personally I like costume and food history quite well and tend to identify the various historical periods purely by clothing.
I am rambling and think I should probably toddle off to marshall my documents or something. Ta.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment