Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Shouldn't I Be Working?

My college class is Saturday and I am covering for my coworker at school the next two days. I should be working. Making notes. Posting stuff. Cutting underlays.

Instead I am drinking delicious wine and obsessing over Lindy Hop lessons on You Tube. I already know how to do Lindy Hop. Spent most nights of the week doing it around 1994 or so. But the true love is ignorant and I thought we could learn from lessons on the internet. I was right, and now that we have purchased a Mac Mini for the living room upon which to stream video, we can practice where there is space. Life is better than ever!

Why the rekindled fascination? My old dance partner and roomie who now lives in the U.K. posted her winning performance on Facebook. I miss dancing with her. She is quite the dancer, and though I know the True Love cannot attain her levels of skill, he can probably do a swing out at a mellow tempo. We shall see. He told me he wouldn' do it tonight, though, unless I buckled down and did some actual work. I am stopping. Really. But I thought you might want to know.

No comments: