Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Saturday, October 3, 2009

Up and At 'Em

I am so excited for two days of getting things done! The true love brought me 6 cheap trays top decorate for my classroom, and today we hit Lacis and Discount Fabrics for more goodies. I have lots of plans and energy though the True Love still sleeps, and I imagine my enthusiasm will wane later on. But right now I am filled with possibilities.


I was just reading about cheap garden remodels and thinking about how we could motivate our own. Now that the house is painted it makes our yard look even trashier. Sigh. We have lots of extra paint and could decorate the garage and hot tub area. I have always wanted a little structure in the yard, and yearn to try my hand at framing something-- too bad I never signed up for the framing class at Laney after taking woodworking. Maybe we can go out and get some items from one of the many salvage places, to serve as adornment, focal points, and inspiration for planting things. Or maybe we could build stuff with wood scraps.

Or maybe I could read over my notes for the class I am teaching next Saturday, pick something out to wear to the wedding, sell the VW, finish weaving my scarf, practice spinning on my Joy, continue my lace shawl, sew pants, cook, cull books, actually clean the wood floors, and buy the wardrobe from IKEA. So many choices. Maybe I will go see if the sleeper will open his eyes now.

No comments: