Well, a week of vacation with two different out of town jaunts (Monterey and The Land in Sonoma) is concluding. But the other good part of the break was revelling in domesticity. I have been sewing my own clothes instead of costumes. Wow! Well, they are a little costume-y but in a fun way. I undertook imitations of sundry Etsy things I admire (as well as ordering one too!). Sewing rocks! And I figured out how to use my rolled hem foot which is a real time saver. I also finished two different knitting projects--one involving my own spinning. Tonight the true love and I are rocking out to the Beatles while making soup. Very domestic. And I am painting some things for school that have been languishing. Taxes are ready to mail in. Email is caught up. Grading is wrapped up for graduate students. What a productive week!
The true love begins employment tomorrow after a five month hiatus which is exciting. We will do the awesome Chinese New Year Treasure Hunt next weekend. I may actually meet with my advisor/co-worker about finishing my Master's degree this week. Things are really moving along and fun is being had.
I am just feeling good so why not write about it. Yay!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment