Yes indeed it is. And the first week back is happily over as well. The true love has finished the first week of his new job, the hours of which closely correspond with mine. This is a novelty. We have slowly, and not by choice, converged upon similar hours. Hello dinner at a reasonable hour!
I have been finishing things lately which is odd to say the least. I am even working on finishing a lace shawl which is my first foray into lacework and tiny needles. I am not as fussy as I should be to undertake this work, but perhaps that means it might end someday.
Tomorrow is the San Franciso Chinese New Year Treasure Hunt and I am ready to fail at excelling for another year. Trying to win involves too much work and I am not really a winner at heart. I am content to treat it as a casual sport which one pursues in a relaxed fashion while also enjoying beer, conversation, and the ability to stop when one feels ready to sit down and eat something. I leave the winning to everyone else. Luckily I have worked to assemble a team of people who say they will slack with me though they are go-getters enough to actually consider trying to win. They will probably move on to a competitive team next year and leave me to find some more underachievers. The event is super cool, however, and nothing beats sleuthing through Chinatown looking for clues while traveling through and around the parade, listening to firecrackers, walking through clouds of smoke and wafting smells of Chinese food, and discovering mysterious and hidden gems of the city. Go team B! And go year of the tiger! Maybe I will gear up for competition when it is my zodiac animal year. That gives me a long time to warm up.
Now I return to my margarita and wait for my fabulous visiting friend to return from tattooing his entire body so we can eat. Yay weekend!
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment