Here are a couple more days in the Midwest, both in Madison and Chicago. They kind of go backwards in time.
This is in Millennium Park. Cool art that my host and guide took me to!
There are two lions outside the Art Institute. We were conveniently there on a Thursday evening when the museum if free from 5-7 pm. Score. We skipped the Impressionists as they are loathed by my host and I will see them next time when I bring my True Love. We saw amazing miniature rooms, some Cornell boxes, Magritte, MirĂ³, paperweights, and other lovelies.
This is the outdoor amphitheater where they do performances all the time. It is a very groovy structure.
This water interactive art was amazing. So many people taking pleasure in splashing, and watching the faces change and squirt water. I gave away its secret. Oops.
More art. Rawr!
This thing is the coolest silver mirror bean you ever seen. People LOVE it and we saw why.
My host at a 90 degree angle to himself.
Coolness.
Look Ma! There we are!
Can you see all the people underneath?! And it looks cool with the gorgeous buildings also.
These are the houses I plan to move to across from my host's house in Madison. How adorable are they!? I would take either....
This Liberty Bell copy was a gift to Madison and lives in the Capitol Building.
It was very lovely inside and also fabulously air conditioned.
The badger is the state animal. They are at either end of the building. Cuteness.
Frank Lloyd Wright's Monoma Terrace looking over Lake Monoma. A great view of the lake, and a very controversial piece of architecture that they spent almost 50 years convincing the cty to build.
Now I am back at MTIPS learning about Montessori and enjoying their incredible school. Two more days of learning to come and then I get to go home and teach again. Goodnight!
Now I am back at MTIPS learning about Montessori and enjoying their incredible school. Two more days of learning to come and then I get to go home and teach again. Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment