Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Monday, May 5, 2008

Off the Grid

Well, I was away, and now I am home, so really I haven't been too off the grid but simply not writing anything much here. I wonder why that is? Some of it is time and the rest might just be nothing to say. There was a birthday, a wedding, and a May Day. The final meeting of my art class occurred on Saturday and then I hunkered down on the sofa to watch some mediocre films. We played a fun game some friends brought over yesterday called Ticket to Ride. I didn't do well but enjoyed planning my routes across America. Then the True Love and I packed up all the stuff from my class and lugged it home. We finished a movie I really enjoyed called Cashback. It was a combination of indie filmmaking and British humor couched in a strange art school romance about the night shift.

Today I did a little Warcraft to wake up and now am gearing up for getting back into editing my Master's degree "proposal" (first 3 chapters) while simultaneously grading student work and assembling a list of materials needed for the next class I am teaching. How exciting! But first I will hit the Bat Cave to get my blood circulating. And after I have done some work I will be rewarded by going to the dentist to get a new crown put on. Now don't be envious..... I'm sure everyone else in the world will have almost as fun a day.

Cheerio!

No comments: