We were wakened by the dulcet tones of my cell phone this morning letting us know that the Roto Rooter man was on the doorstep knocking. We were very asleep at 8 which is not usual. He flushed the toilet a million times (all I could think of was the drought) and said that we probably just need a new toilet. No sewer issues for us. Timothy Titoes was a little disturbed by the early visitor and continued to peek around corners skittishly for a while after he had gone. Poor kitty.
Yesterday I played hooky from school work and a friend and I did sewing. I have not had out the fancy machine in quite a while, and as usual had to look up the directions for threading it. So sad. We had to sew in the dining room because yours truly has taken over the lovely art room with her computer. We decided to make roll-up pockets for knitting and crochet accessories. Hers is lovely and nearly perfect. Mine was slightly ill-conceived and is definitely wonky (typical for my impatient production methods) but I adore my fabric!!! I will go take a picture so you can admire it too. Here we have it rolled and tied...
It's pretty which is, of course, the most important thing, and it has also been completed which is unusual. Yay! Now if I could only find my tall bamboo needles...
Tomorrow is my geography class and I have some practice and prep to do today as well as student email and shopping for a couple of things. I think it will be fun and hope that I feel prepared come smoky-red sunset so I can relax and do something fun like watch An Inconvenient Truth.
Tomorrow is my geography class and I have some practice and prep to do today as well as student email and shopping for a couple of things. I think it will be fun and hope that I feel prepared come smoky-red sunset so I can relax and do something fun like watch An Inconvenient Truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment