Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Friday, June 20, 2008

Wilting

I cannot believe how warm it is today. I feel like I am in Tucson. walking out the door is like walking into a oven. I am a little fern plant and on days like this the edges of my fronds turn brown and crinkly and I simply can not do anything useful. Crinkle. I cry for my parched roots...

I have already been to my old Montessori school's graduation this morning and out to my college to get some stuff printed. Then I bought gas for more than $4.50 and was thinking how it will soon be 2 gallons for $10. Eek. And here I am looking at a job that is 20 miles away. Hmm.

Tonight is the solstice and we are dancing in the city as usual. I really do not want to think about putting my kit on in this weather and traveling so far at rush hours. And I will be unable to imagine it becoming cold in any way, even up on the cliffs over the ocean. I realize this is a failure of imagination and while is about 100 degrees here it is likely cooler over there in the city.

My brother's friend from high school who he sang close harmony with is performing in the city tonight but I fear I will not be able to add that into my schedule. Too bad. He'll be at the Hotel Utah. I had an enormous crush on him throughout middle school and used to ride a horse that belonged to his family. We were neighbors in Massachusetts. His family let me throw a bare back saddle on their horse whenever I wanted and take her out to ride along the Charles River behind our houses. I think her name was Jenny. Those were the days.

My brother's friend was always was an amazing singer and a charismatic person. Their close harmony group set the pattern for all my future preppy, close harmony crushes. I have always found men singing while wearing blue blazers to be objects of desire. Especially if they have a blue and white striped tie and khakis... Now my brother's friend has many young women swooning over him, and probably some men and boys as well. He has such a lovely voice, and is still as beautiful as ever.

If you have watched LOST you might be amused to know that he wrote the frequently heard Drive Shaft song, "You All, Everybody"--Charlie's band's song. I bet the song is in your head now. Hehe.

I need to go find some oxygen to breathe for a moment. Gasp. Wilt.

No comments: