Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Monday, July 7, 2008

Good News and Bad News

So which do you want first? Okay. The good news is that I have been employed for the coming school year by a Montessori school. I will start work in mid-August and will be getting paid and everything. The bad news has something to do with a hand basket, the world, and hell. I heard about it from Al Gore today as I ate my lunch. The truth was very inconvenient for me as it took me away from the much needed preparation for tomorrow's class. But it does relate to my class and I felt the power of his statistics and power point presentation. I have more to watch but I really need to prepare for my class. Really.

Tonight, in lieu of really preparing for my class, I went to Cafe Trieste and heard tango music with some friends. This is not how I usually spend my Monday nights so it was a nice change of pace. Now that I am home I am surrounded by class detritus and feel eager for my class to end so that I can go back to a more regular schedule. Don't even ask about how I plan to finish my Master's degree. I will just have to take everything step by step.

Speaking of Al Gore, did I happen to mention that we now own three cars. That doesn't sound goof but really we have a new Prius and will be selling our Beetle as soon as we can. Now if I could just embrace compact floursescents more thoroughly...

G'night. I'm not going to work now.

1 comment:

jenita said...

A new car owner! yay!