Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Monday, July 21, 2008

Messy Desk=Messy Head

Here I sit at my very messy desk. The true love should walk in at any moment and then we will have to plan some food. And then I can do some more slacking. Yay slacking. I am afraid ever since the birthday it has been sleepy slack time around these parts. I have three more classes to teach and should really be rising to the challenge but instead I am relying upon my lovely assistant for tomorrow's class. Yes, I have asked a REAL SCIENCE EDUCATOR to infiltrate my class and show the students what they have been missing all this time. I am hoping they will remember how great it was rather than think about how lame the last few weeks have been in comparison. All part of my evil plan...

A week from tomorrow my class ends and I grade and then start back with real children. That should be an interesting change. But for now all thoughts are turned to liquid nitrogen, electrical circuitry, phosphorescence, light, and other fun concepts. Tomorrow will be a day of wrangling and planning. Of, I guess I have to think about reflection and look at student work as well as reflecting myself. Masters degree, shmasters degree say I.

We saw WALL-E which was lovely and scary at the same time. Now I feel like I should move away from the computer and eschew beverages that involve straws. It's really that first one that poses a problem. When I do move away these days it is often to escape to a movie on screen or at home. And there are really so many to choose from these days. My list is long: Hellboy II, the Dark Knight, Hancock, The Increduble Hulk, Mama Mia.

Oh--true love is home. Gotta run!

No comments: