Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sigh




I had so many plans for the weekend. There are things to put away, laundry to do, dishes, adventures to go on, home office furniture to browse, but alas for the crippled one! I am forced to allow the true love to wait on me as I lay with elevated foot on the sofa. Does it sound fun? Well it ain't. And it isn't for me either :)

So what went wrong? It is completely unclear to me. It could be some sort of holdover from the birthday party last weekend but really it seemed to have emerged out of the mists and then it got worse quickly Friday night. Now I am relying on my trusty Goodwill crutches procured when I last sprained my ankle. There seems to be something amiss at the very top of the ball of my left foot, perhaps related to my middle toe though somewhere deeper inside. It hurts to flex but not to point, and it really hurts to step on it. The true love says maybe it is a tendon thing.

So the true love made delicious chicken salad for lunch and I cut the tomatoes and cukes. Then we watched a little of School House Rock which we have on loan. Now it is back to class wrap-up for me. Only one more class to go! Yay! Sadly, I thought it would be a short last class but things keep getting added to it. Gotta work on my time management. Don't know what excitement tonight holds but tomorrow night we go to see The Dark Night! For now I will rest my foot in hopes that it will be miraculously mended when I awake tomorrow.


No comments: