Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Thursday, August 28, 2008

The fight against chaos

I am choosing to combat my chaotic lifestyle through cuteness, matching, and food prep. Yes, that means there is more bento here today. Last night we used up the remaining rice from a few nights ago to make sushi rolls with fake crab and other goodies. Some was for dinner and some was for my lunch the next day. I got to use the adorable fish soy sauce containers and a peek-a-boo bear for wasabi. I chose the wasabi tube that was most sold out at the Chinese grocery, figuring it was a good brand. It was a great choice and actually tasted like the stuff in the sushi restaurant. So here is the dinner next to the lunch rolls:



And then I made the rest of the lunch. One box had breakfast/dessert food: yogurt on the bottom and granola and berries on the top:



Sorry for this one which makes you have to tilt your head. The top had leftover barbecue pork chops and broccoli, and the bottom was delicious curried chickpeas. Yum!



So now I am going to grade a student from the summer and make some more sushi for dinner. Ball game tomorrow night in SF which will hopefully be cool and delicious. And maybe I will pack bentos...

No comments: