Right now at Stanford some profs are talking about the Beatles' legacy on this White Album anniversary and it is on KQED. Yay. It's a little distracting so I will write here instead of doing my homework for a bit.
Today is a good day, with a small reservation, as I have solved my Master's degree stress and increased my instructor-hood. I realized that it may be untenable to do my research in the context of my next class so have revamped and hope to do it in the context of a larger class starting in June. This is good in many ways: I will be able to hone my ideas for my methodology more, I will have a larger context (more units and class meetings) in which to incorporate my ideas, I will get the opportunity to develop the science curriculum, I will get paid, I will have another notch on my resumé, and I will be able to move ahead with planning my art class which starts meeting very soon. I consulted with the Study Buddy first and got the okay, and I still need to talk to my advisor to make sure she supports this line of action. It really does not involve much change to my current work--just dropping one article (maybe).
So there's my day in a nutshell. I was driven to this timely realization after having a nuit blanche, as the Earthlings in France say, full of anxiety, sleeplessness, and then some nightmares about teaching my art class without having prepared anything. Oy. This resolution is timely in that tomorrow we head to LA to celebrate the mother-in-law's birthday. I feel that I do not need to freak out so much about this now, except about the cost of gas.
Sometime soon I will need to do some art to get ready for my class. Come on over and make art with me! Details pending. Then I'll have to move my monitor and stuff so I can use my art room.
I can't believe it is enjoyable for anyone to read this sort of stress entry. Sorry.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Count me in for an art day! I miss our girl scout troupe.
Post a Comment