I have been a naughty Blog owner, too busy actually trying to be productive to come here and waste time. I promise there will be pictures in the coming days. Pictures of something. I just need 10 more articles and then I will be okay. I also have to choose between an art curriculum focus or a reflective teaching as Montessori component focus for my project. Perhaps today's library trip will help to clarify these big issues.
In weekend news, the true love's team, Hugh's Dirty Rats, may have actually won the SF Treasure Hunt this year! They were at least in the top 3 and are waiting for the list to come up on the website. They owe me some thanks for not coming along and slowing them down, although this year they hiked Telegraph hill from the other side so they got to come down the stairs instead of go up them. They are very excited about the win and next year they will not be able to do the Beginner Hunt anymore.
Last night we went to trivia at the Albatross and had two teams. Our name was Abrasive Pheasants, after my suggestion of Marine Recruitment Center was passed over , as well as another suggestion for Puppet Submarine. The other team almost went with "Oscar? I Don't Even Know Her!" or "Oscar? You Oscar!" My team was in second place after a few rounds (we got 10 out of 11 of the Oscar movie acronyms) but, as usual, the picture and music rounds left us way behind. The other team came in right near the top, maybe third. It was an enjoyable evening.
I think this is the last week of Whiskerino for those who are not growing a Year Beard like my friend. You can see photos of their weekend gathering in the south over at their site. I will make you the knitted hat, my friend, but it probably won't happen in the next month or so. Dommage!
Today marks the start of a new adventure. Four of us have made a pact to give something up, for two weeks to a month. No need to say what here. You can phone and ask if you haven't guessed already. We hope our communities will support us in this pact, and want everyone to know they are free to join us. I apologize for the mystery, if it is a mystery to you.
The poison oak is still itchy sometimes but it is running its course.
Well, the true love is at the Cave, where I will go later, but it's time for me to do some research and photocopying and writing so I will bid you adieu. I hope everyone is planning a special event for the extra day happening Friday!
Happy Birthday to my teammate today, and to my niece tomorrow!
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment