Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Wednesday, February 20, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

At last my fellow blogger over at Finishing Frenzy has found a place to really live. Hooray for her! This is amazing news and portends a job offer I am sure. I look forward to moving her stuff and helping her warm the place up. Click over there and leave her some happy comments!

Myranthic Stew news is a little pitiful these days, as I start out a new semester stressed out and already behind (in the first week). I busted my hump to complete my lit review articles and was doing a bad job. I opted for 8 mediocre instead of 10 good, and stayed up late and missed things and worked for hours to do so. I was feeling like I would never become a Master let alone a Doctor. Then I went to class tonight (after working till the last minute) and the teacher ran out of time to collect our work. Aargh! I guess I will choose to look at the silver lining, which is that I am now only a little behind instead of a lot, but I could have gotten more sleep and not ground down my enamel so extensively in the process.

I have an exciting plan for you all, which is to photograph the document where the word "myranthic" was born. I will be working a lot in the next few months but that will be a fun project, if I can photograph it well. And just in case you were wondering, I haven't been knitting. But I will be buying more printer paper tomorrow and a thumb drive which I am hoping my friend will encase it amazing, surface-decorated fimo. She doesn't know this yet, but she will soon.

I will be missing the amazing San Francisco Chinese New Year Treasure Hunt this Saturday, where I have enjoyed trying to participate to a meaningful degree. The true love and some friends will be there in my stead, racing up and down hills in the dark, sporting Film Noir togs and listening to the sounds of the parade for the year of the rat. I will be home playing with my thumb drive instead.

There is more merriment to come in future as I pull myself out of the Slough of Despond. Hooray.

No comments: