Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Monday, February 18, 2008

There's a Land that I see...

where there is too much to eat and drink, lots of walking around, and everyone gets to use the chainsaw if they are older than 8. And at this Land you get to see frogs mating, newts mating, and you can pat a soft, freshly dead bird with beautiful wings. You get to go on a creek walk in your wellies, go up a steep hill to find owl pellets, go on an "early man" walk (in the night with no lights) up to the Mouse House, walk up to the abandoned, overgrown labyrinth to find a stealth cam that is taking pictures of you (it actually said "stealth cam" right on it), and then walk down and back up to show the owners the stealth cam so they can dismantle it. At this Land you get to chop wood, use the outhouse, cook toast on an old fashioned toaster that sits on a burner, and do everything by candlelight. There are many songs to sing, birthdays to celebrate, cake to eat, and very sweet children to snuggle with who say amusing things like "when were done we'll be finished," "a short man goes a short way", and "unh". There is chocolate tasting at the Land, wine tasting, fajita tasting, mimosa with pomegranate juice tasting, cheese tasting, breakfast burrito tasting, international bacon tasting, beer tasting, and a bit with a dog. Or a bite. Wow. It sure was fun. I think I will be returning even sooner than 2 years this time if they will let me.

Today, however, I am not at the Land (I tried to stay but was taken away against my will), and must hunker down to my research class homework. After a media-free nature-y weekend I will have a day of intensive technology use. Sigh.

No comments: