Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Friday, January 11, 2008

Almost the Wassail!!!

Tomorrow is the big day! We will be baking about 60 potatoes in preparation for the singing plague of locusts. Today, however, we will cook yards of bacon (mmmm, bacon), chop and grate toppings, and clean and poke 60 potatoes.

Already this morning I have turned down a substitute job for this afternoon, been offered a position as head teacher in a Montessori class for the remainder of the year (not taking this job), and gone to the Bat Cave. Wow. Quite a morning. I sat down to cable on the gloves while the true love got in his Bat Cave togs, and realized I had lined up the previous 2 cable rows so I had to rip out 10 rows. Sigh. Still, I may yet finish today as my co-knitter, Ms. Julia , will come by to hang out and be generally helpful and encouraging (as usual).

Here in kitty experiment central we have been giving Mr. Tiptoes new food. It is the Wellness brand and has salmon and whitefish as the first three ingredients. As you might imagine, it smells fishy but he is eating it. We have avoided the bulimia problem by not allowing him to go outside where we know he will eat the dreaded grass. Instead he gets lovely globs of Petromalt. As much as he likes, lucky cat! If he is good and I figure it out perhaps he will be rewarded with a Moebius cat bed.

The other fun plan for today is to order some needles and yarn. I need crazily long circular needles to do the Moebius knitting and they do not have them on my street at Stash. These will be the beautiful multicolored kind with purple cord and screw-off needles. Very fancy. And perhaps I will clean off the spinning wheel and peruse the spinning books I got yesterday at the library. So much fun is planned!!! And lunch with Laura too!

No comments: