Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Boy Children of a Certain Age are Notoriously Difficult

At last I am home from my day of subbing. I was pleased to see there were no children here when I arrived. Just the true love, a soft grey cat, and a Sierra Nevada. I must show what I did, thanks to the generosity of Alisyn:



I placed beautiful ornaments all over the ceiling. It is very magical and tremendously pleasing. Alisyn had them up in her home and I was sad to see she had removed them. She has allowed me to borrow them for the off-season for which I am grateful, or perhaps I offered to rent them. Who can remember exactly what transpires at the conclusion of the Wassail... Suffice it to say that the bedroom looks very festive and I am indebted to her.

I started my first fuzzy bunny today which doesn't look like much yet but will definitely be soft and hopefully resemble a rabbit. It is made from baby alpaca and it will look like a square of stockinette until I sew it up like fabric origami. Results pending.


And of course I must show the delicious yarn porn of some cute hearts I crocheted sitting atop the alpaca. Yummy!


I guess that's all I really have to say. Onward to the remaining three days of subbing. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

2 comments:

Michael Olsen Craig said...

This will undoubtedly sound sick and twisted. When you next are going to make one of you lovely bunnies, I suggest you try out this idea: Fashion it in such a way that it has one of these hearts. But fashion it, and here's the sick part, in such a way that you can pull out its heart. Some sort of inner pocket.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that this would be really cool...

Myranthia said...

I actually really like this idea! Thanks.