Some people have a studio, some people have a press, but I prefer a stew...



Thursday, January 31, 2008

Quit Looking at Me!

We are being rained upon sporadically here in the Bay Area, which is keeping Timothy indoors and meowing. In the area of food news, Tim is enjoying two brands of cat food currently which he chooses between or ignores, or remembers he likes, randomly. He spent a large part of the evening meowing at me and following me around the house with his big Puss-in-Boots eyes.



Timothy is grey, though, and much softer than Puss I imagine, though equally sharp. And when he makes his eyes dilate like that it generally means he could lunge at you at any moment with his desperately-needing-a-trim claws. He can't make up his mind about salmon or chicken, and seems to believe there is another option and I am holding out on him. Actually, there is, but its crappy food that he will not be eating. And so it goes...

In other news, the true love has only just left work, having to complete something tonight, so I have been playing Warcraft!!! There is a guild of people from Ravelry and so I made a new Blood Elf hunter named Skeyn. She's very Disney but whatever. That is how I whiled away some of my evening. I also made Frugal Soup. It is a sort of a Mexican chowder composed of items in the house. Though I did run out for toppings and wine. It has a baked potato, onion, garlic, red pepper, a can of green chilis, Trader Joe's' fire roasted frozen corn, chopped cherry tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, and chicken stock. I pureed some of it to make it a little thicker. For garnish there is Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, and avocado. Let's just say that it doesn't suck. Bummer the true love missed it entirely.

Today is interesting in a few ways. It is the final day of January, 2008. It is also my last bookbinding day for now as I am on hiatus while I finish my Master's and decide if I want to bind. They made me promise to come back and to visit. I shall surely miss them and perhaps change my mind about the hiatus. I have been going there most weeks of the year since 1995. Wow. The end of an era. If only I could go on hiatus from Morris dancing (every week since 1995 also as well as numerous weekend gigs and events) I would have a clear schedule.

Tomorrow I will be hunkering down and planning my reader and syllabus for the course I will be teaching. Maybe we will watch Ira and Abby which I got from Netflix today. Because the true love worked late I watched a movie he rented while I was away, called Gossip. It was enjoyable and nothing fabuous. Tonight I may reach the end of the first Pratchett book. I am happy for Friday, a day of Bat Cave and true love working at home. Happy Friday!

No comments: