So I started these fingerless gloves from Knitty while at the Albatross Pub on Sunday. I tried out the magic loop thing but didn't love it so I am using DPNs. I am using Classic Yarns Cashsoft Aran in a heathery dark grey (Wes?) and size 7 needles, cause that's what I had. I didn't do a gauge swatch (oops) but decided to do the larger size. Yesterday I continued knitting them a number of rib rows past the first cables. They looked huge. He tried them on and we consulted. I made him rip them out :). We decided to do the smaller size on the same needles so now I have to start again. Sigh. And I was getting into the groove. Of course, I haven't been knitting in eons so they started out a little lumpy--it is probably for the best they have been frogged. I also discovered that I like using all five needles rather than only four. Who knew?
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Excellent use of high-level knitting vocabulary! Half of knitting is frogging - forge ahead!
Post a Comment